The good news is:
- My bloods came back all ok again, white cells are good, red cells are even up, and liver function is ok.
- The pain in my side turned out to be muscular, who knew I had muscles in my abdomen! So theres one less thing to obsess about.
- Dr Dimwit didnt know anything about sirspheres, even though my hospital is an accredited provider. So I rang Sirtex and they told me who he has to refer me to - within the hospitals own radiology department of course. So I dont have to have the spheres in Sydney which makes it a lot cheaper, and also my private health might cover some of it. So with the quiz night and the Ellabella Prints auction I should have enough money to pay for the treatment. Thankyou so much to my wonderful friends for supporting us in this way and for all the lovely meals, helping to take the pressure off.
- The quiz night is set for August 13th!!! I can't work out how to attach the invite to my blog but if you are interested in coming, drop me an email and I'll send on the invitation. Someone told me not to put the @ sign in my address to avoid being spammed, so its jfischer at kern.com.au - replace the 'at' with '@'. Im sure you get it!
- My CEA cancer markers were tested for the 2nd time so they can be compared - originally they were 42, and they have stayed at 42. CEA is a protein that cancer cells release into the blood, the higher the result the more active the cancer. I was devastated that they hadnt gone down and burst into tears, but the Dr reassured me that without the chemo they would have been three times as high, and it shows that the chemo is holding the cancer at bay... there is still time for the numbers to drop. Wont know whats really going on until I get rescanned in a month. I need a miraculous result from this chemo so will keep going with my healthy diet, juicing and supplements. I lashed out on a piece of carrot cake this week, yummo- have been dreaming about iced coffee and vanilla slices!
- Tests showed that I dont have the KRAS gene mutation so Erbitux wont work for me. I was pinning a lot of hope on this drug as it has had such positive outcomes, so yet again more tears for me. Spent the whole day in chemo being a big fat sook. Actually Im a skinny sook now, woohoo!